We had these a couple days ago but I have tons of photos I just 'never get around to' posting! This one doesn't use a recipe - it's just two ingredients of course. But a good 'reminder' if you are brainstorming ideas to use up some pork chops! I've posted this idea before - but this time I used my solar oven and I have to say it makes them so easy and so perfect I just have to share!
- Wrap your boneless pork chops with strips of bacon to cover.
- Wrapped rather tightly they stay in place just fine and don't need toothpicks.
- Season with salt and pepper. No special crazy spices are really needed but you could add what you like.
- Place in a solar oven as is - or wrap in foil and place in a traditional oven at 350 degrees and bake about 45 minutes.
- This cooks the meat, pre-cooks the bacon and yet leaves them very moist because the steam is trapped by the solar oven or foil.
- Now, take the bacon wrapped pork chops and brown and crisp them up by grilling or broiling them for a few minutes on each side until the bacon is done.
For those wondering about solar ovens - I have only used one brand so I can't speakfor 'all' of them. This is the sun oven I bought a few years ago and use it about twice a week on average; All American Sun Oven Dehydrating and Preparedness Accessory Package